Specializing in grief and loss
Lori Vinaric BSW, MSW, T.S.
Support when you need it most.
There is great strength in allowing the tears to fall and asking for help. Specializing in grief and loss, I believe in the importance of recognizing and understanding the impact it can have on all facets of daily living. Furthermore, as a service provider for several EAP (Employee Assistance Programs), I provide counselling and support to people struggling with a variety of challenges such as burn out, family dysfunction, life cycle changes, anxiety and depression.
I’m here to support you.
Individual and group sessions
Workshops and professional training in grief and loss
Clinical Supervision for Professionals and Students
I Specialize in
Support for Grief and Loss
Grief can be a difficult and lonely journey. Whether you have experienced the death of a loved one, are coping with a debilitating or terminal illness or have had to place a loved one or move into an assisted living facility, it is important to discuss your experiences and share your thoughts and feelings. An in depth understanding of how children and adolescents manifest grief informs the work I do with this important population.
I offer online support. Available weekdays and evenings.
Lori Vinaric BSW, MSW, T.S.
After years of working in health care, I have developed a passion to support caregivers, patients and their families while coping with the challenges of dementia or terminal illness. As an experienced bereavement support counselor and support group facilitator for adults and children, I provide a safe, confidential and nonjudgmental environment in which to help you begin the healing process. WIth an understanding of the impact anxiety and depression can have, I offer a solutions oriented approach to provide you with tools to help break the isolation, navigate life’s challenges and improve your overall quality of life.
A little about me
- Clinical Supervisor for McGill University, Master of Social Work Field Placement Students
- Professional Clinical Supervisor
- Trained in Bereavement Support and Group Facilitation
- Trained in Palliative Support for individuals and their families
- Support Group Facilitator for NOVA West Island
- Volunteered for the Good Grief Workshops for Children in Montreal
- Experience in on-site work with children in the event of a death
- Master of Social Work, McGill University
- Bachelor of Social Work, McGill University
- Member of the Bereavement Ontario Network (BON)
- Member of the Association for Death Education and Counselling (ADEC)
- Member in good-standing of the order of Social Workers and Family Therapists of Quebec (OTSTCFQ)
Get in Touch
Contact me for an in-person or online session
Send a message
Directions by bus:
A 2 minute walk from major bus routes (200, 201, 202, 204, 485) and a 15-minute walk from Fairview Pointe Claire shopping centre.
Directions By car:
Access from Hymus Blvd on the Southeast Corner of St Jean Blvd.
Located above the Dollarama, access from the front doors facing Hymus Blvd.
Servicing West-Island and greater Montreal area
Pay Securely Online